Join 509 other subscribers
Other Blogs Of Interest
- Author Elizabeth Bear — Hugo winner and all-around cool person
- Geek Of All Trades — A “Geek’s Eye” view of life and all things geek. Home of the “Word of the Day.”
- idisagreecompletely — Susan Lewis, blogger, writer, and fellow NaNoWriMo’er
- Interactions in Real Time –Jo Rhett, author and member of my extended critique group family, discussing writing and technology.
- Marmalade, Cat Detctive — Follow Marmalade, star of an upcoming story by my friend Maaja Wentz
- Ninth Circle Press — Snarky T-shirts, buttons, mugs / musings on creativity and humor / flash fiction / snowclones.
- Second Hand Roses — The worst–and sometimes, the best–of thrift store and yard sale finds.
Tag Archives: mechanics
Homonym Traps; or, I Do Not Think That Word Means What You Think It Means
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) Homonyms. They’re sneaky little words, really, slinking their way into sentences where they don’t belong, hiding from the spell checker, and then, WHAM! There it is, glaring out at you from the … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged craft, mechanics Leave a comment
Happy Punctuation Day!
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) I had an entry all planned out that would follow along with the themes Samantha and Andrea posted earlier this week, about planning work and organizing ideas. But I think I will … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged mechanics 2 Comments