Join 509 other subscribers
Other Blogs Of Interest
- Author Elizabeth Bear — Hugo winner and all-around cool person
- Geek Of All Trades — A “Geek’s Eye” view of life and all things geek. Home of the “Word of the Day.”
- idisagreecompletely — Susan Lewis, blogger, writer, and fellow NaNoWriMo’er
- Interactions in Real Time –Jo Rhett, author and member of my extended critique group family, discussing writing and technology.
- Marmalade, Cat Detctive — Follow Marmalade, star of an upcoming story by my friend Maaja Wentz
- Ninth Circle Press — Snarky T-shirts, buttons, mugs / musings on creativity and humor / flash fiction / snowclones.
- Second Hand Roses — The worst–and sometimes, the best–of thrift store and yard sale finds.
Tag Archives: ideas
Letting The Story Flow
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) Sometimes, I hate my inner editor. Right now, she’s giving me all kinds of grief, because she’s reasonably certain that about 3/4 of the last 40,000 words I’ve written on my WIP, … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged ideas, inner editor Leave a comment
Getting Ahead Of Myself; or, What Happens When A Story Really Comes To Life
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) (Brought to you by the “Better Late Than Never” department, since turkey coma took over my brain last night…) Well, my NaNoWriMo project is currently sitting at roughly 61,000 words, and … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged ideas, NaNoWriMo Leave a comment
Being Creative NOW; or What Are We Waiting For?
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) Wil Wheaton* had an excellent post on his blog this week titled, “Get Excited and Make Things!” If you consider yourself a creative person at all (and why would you be here … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged creativity, ideas, NaNoWriMo 2 Comments
Consulting The Oracle, or How I Decide What To Write Next
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) As we’ve mentioned several times in the last week, November is rapidly approaching, and with it, NaNoWriMo. One of the most pertinent and troubling questions in my mind these past few weeks … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged ideas, NaNoWriMo 2 Comments
Getting Organized and NaNoWriMo
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) As Andrea mentioned earlier this week, we’re just a month away from the start of National Novel Writing Month. I’ve done NaNoWriMo twice now, in 2006 and 2008, and “won” both times. … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged getting organized, ideas, NaNoWriMo 2 Comments