Join 509 other subscribers
Other Blogs Of Interest
- Author Elizabeth Bear — Hugo winner and all-around cool person
- Geek Of All Trades — A “Geek’s Eye” view of life and all things geek. Home of the “Word of the Day.”
- idisagreecompletely — Susan Lewis, blogger, writer, and fellow NaNoWriMo’er
- Interactions in Real Time –Jo Rhett, author and member of my extended critique group family, discussing writing and technology.
- Marmalade, Cat Detctive — Follow Marmalade, star of an upcoming story by my friend Maaja Wentz
- Ninth Circle Press — Snarky T-shirts, buttons, mugs / musings on creativity and humor / flash fiction / snowclones.
- Second Hand Roses — The worst–and sometimes, the best–of thrift store and yard sale finds.
Tag Archives: getting organized
Writing Thursday: NaNo Is Coming…
Okay, so unless you’re brand-new around here, you know that NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, in which I and millions of other people across the country endeavor to prove ourselves certifiably insane by attempting to write a 50,000-word … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged finishing what I started, getting organized, goals, inner editor, NaNoWriMo 3 Comments
Blog As Writing Tool; or Making My LiveJournal Earn Its Keep
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) Anybody besides me out there still using LiveJournal? Blogger’s cool and all, and Facebook and Twitter have their uses, but I still love LJ. Because it lets me do things none of … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged a place for my stuff, craft, getting organized, ideas Leave a comment
Secondary Themes; or, What’s That Lurking In The Background
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) This week, I finally found the secondary theme of my current WIP, The Daughters of August Winterbourne. The primary theme, of course, is that of family, and of working together to accomplish … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged craft, getting organized Leave a comment
Getting Organized and NaNoWriMo
(This posting originally appeared on The Melt-Ink Pot) As Andrea mentioned earlier this week, we’re just a month away from the start of National Novel Writing Month. I’ve done NaNoWriMo twice now, in 2006 and 2008, and “won” both times. … Continue reading
Posted in Writing Tagged getting organized, ideas, NaNoWriMo 2 Comments