(This started out as part of last week’s entry. But then I decided that I really had two separate entries, so, Bonus! Extra Week 2.5 Entry Today!)
Last time, I talked about potential excuses for why writing wasn’t happening. Let’s focus instead on goals.
So…how am I doing with those, you ask?
I set out a couple of informal goals for myself at the beginning of November:
1) Never fall behind pace. Yeah. That lasted what, about three days? But I have managed to catch up, at least. Now if I can just build a bit of a cushion….
2) Track progress daily in LiveJournal. So far, so good. Haven’t missed a day yet. (If you’re on LJ and want to read these entries, drop me a note in the comments, and I’ll add you to that filter. If you’re not on LJ…sorry. Because these entries sometimes contain story snippets, I keep them locked down to just people who are in my writing filter. Note, you can create an LJ account for free….)
3) Get to an organized write-in. Another great plan that has yet to come to fruition. Between visits to the hospital, yard clean-up, and other time-sensitive tasks, that has yet to happen. Perhaps on Sunday.
4) Keep up with blogging here in the meantime. Again, so far so good. I’ve been posting my usual Thursday writing post, and Dragon Friday, and a few other things as well. Though Dragon Friday may be turning into Dragon Saturday. We’ll see how it goes.
5) No computer games until daily word count has been achieved. Another win. I actually treated myself to a game of Catan the other night. (Fell asleep three turns in, but hey….)
6) Stay on diet & don’t succumb to the lure of snackage; don’t bribe self with food rewards. Doing reasonably well with the diet thing. I’ve been trying to keep good snacks within reach — rice cakes and carrots, mostly. I’ve also been drinking herbal or decaf teas — unsweetened — while writing. (Has the bonus of keeping my fingers warm, too.)
So it would seem I’m doing reasonably well with goals. Not perfect, but life rarely is.
Be they related to NaNoWriMo, writing, or life in general, what goals have you set for yourself lately, and how are you doing with them?